top of page

Child Care

Wayne County Job and Family Services determines eligibility for assistance to parents with child care costs while the parent is engaged in work or training efforts.   This assistance allows low-income parents to find and/or keep jobs, and ensure that their children have access to an early care and education experience they need to succeed in school.  To be eligible for publically funded child care a family’s income has to be at or below 130 percent of the federal poverty guideline.  A family may remain eligible for child care assistance until their income increases to 300 percent of the federal poverty guideline. 


Our licensing specialist recommends licensure to the State of Ohio and monitors all Child Care homes by inspecting their homes at least two times per year to make sure strict guidelines are met.  

bottom of page